top of page

About us

NATIONAL

The origin of The House of God, Which is the Church of the Living God, the Pillar and Ground of the Truth Without Controversy, Inc., Keith Dominion, can be traced to the divine vision of one, Mother Mary Magdalena L. Tate, a unique black woman in American religious history.

​

​

In 1903, Mother Tate established the Church as she traveled and preached the Gospel throughout the state of Tennessee. She came to Alabama in 1905 where she established many people in the cleanness of the word. In 1907 over nine hundred people were converted and turned to Christ through her preaching. The following year, the Church was first incorporated under the name of the Church of the Living God, the Pillar and Ground of the Truth.

LOCAL - JANESVILLE

The House of God Church - Janesville began when Pastor and First Lady Evans answered the call to start a branch of the House of God mission in Janesville, WI after they completed their mission work in Racine and Kenosha, WI. Not having a building of their own to operate out of, HOGC - Janesville found home in Rock County Christian School for over half of a decade. Remaining dutiful in their calling, the church began to grow and create a presence in Janesville. 

​

After laboring for years, HOGC - Janesville finally moved to it's new home at 1509 S. Grant St. At this location the church has been able to branch out even more, creating a home at the House of God Church for the Spanish Speaking community, allowing for the birthing of both Casa de Dios - Janesville, Pastor and First Lady Rojas, and Casa de Dios - Beloit, Pastor and First Lady Bruno, to join the HOGC - Janesville family under Pastor and First Lady Evans. 

​

Today the church is continues to be a home for members of both Janesville and Beloit, welcoming Spanish and English speaking members, and creates a welcoming and safe space for people from all background and affiliations to come into The House and praise, worship, and serve God. 

bottom of page